According to MarkNtel Advisors, the Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market is expecting around 20.3% CAGR during 2022-27. Oncolytic viruses are non-pathogenic and target and kill cancer cells through genetic engineering methods. The oncolytic virus therapy, a promising treatment to fight cancer, is likely to become the primary method for cancer treatment.
Rapid advancements in oncolytic therapies have widened cancer treatment concepts & restructured treatment standards. Oncolytic Virus therapy is considered the third revolution in tumor treatment, followed by the traditional chemotherapy and targeted therapy, further states the research report, "Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market Analysis, 2022."
How did the Covid-19 pandemic bring extensive pressure on the Global Healthcare Sector?
In 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic gave an insight to several countries about their unprepared healthcare infrastructures to handle a large influx of very sick patients. The entire healthcare sector was under extensive pressure and witnessed overcrowding in the emergency rooms of hospitals & clinics. Additionally, gradual understanding of symptoms, complications, & infections raised awareness for social distancing and mask policies to combat the virus spread.
Cancer patients were at a higher risk of contracting Covid-19 & associated consequences and reported three times more vulnerability to the infection, mainly due to their systemic immunosuppressive state caused by the malignancy & anticancer treatments.
Demand for Oncolytic Viruses to Treat Hematological Malignancies to Witness Promising Growth through 2027
Hematological Malignancies usually affect people above the age of 60 years. Oncolytic viruses are considered ideal purging agents for Hematological Malignancies owing to their special characteristics. These viruses selectively target the Malignant Hematopoietic Stem & Progenitor Cells (HSPC) and spare the normal HSPC.
Recent years have seen a transformation in the treatment of hematological malignancies. Progress in gene therapy & molecular techniques, coupled with significant additions in computational capabilities, have accelerated the advancement of safer & better-tolerated therapies for numerous patients with Hematologic Malignancies, reveals MarkNtel Advisors in their research report, "Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market Analysis, 2022."
Key Market Competitors
According to MarkNtel Advisors, the leading players in the Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market are Amgen Inc., Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, DNAtrix, Genelux Corporation, Oncolytics Biotech Inc., PsiOxus Therapeutics, RIGVIR Ltd., Shanghai Sunway Biotech Co. Ltd., SillaJen Inc., Sorrento Therapeutics Inc., Takara Bio Inc., Lokon Pharma AB, VCN Biosciences, ViroCure Inc., Viralytics Ltd. (Merck & Co. Inc.).
Key Questions Answered in the Study
- What are the current & future trends in the Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market?
- How has the industry been evolving in terms of geography & service adoption?
- How has the competition been shaping across various countries, followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
- What are the key growth drivers & challenges for the Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market?
- What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from oncolytic virus therapy providers across various regions?
Browse Full Report With Table of Content - https://www.marknteladvisors.com/research-library/oncolytic-virus-therapy-market.html
- By Therapy (IMLYGIC (Talimogene Laherparepvec), Oncorine, RIGVIR Immunotherapy, Onyx-15, Reolysin)
- By Application (Solid Tumor (Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Lung Cancer, Glioblastoma/Glioblastoma Multiforme), Melanoma, Hematological Malignancies (Lymphoma, Leukemia, Myeloma))
- By Type of Virus (Genetically Engineered Oncolytic Virus, Herpes Simplex Virus(HSV), Adenovirus, Vaccinia Virus, Oncolytic Wild Type of Viruses, Myxoma, Vesicular Stomatitis Virus (VSV), Newcastle Disease Virus (NDV), Reovirus (Respiratory Enteric Orphan Virus))
- By End-Users (Hospitals, Clinics, Patients, Cancer Research Institutes)
- By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa)
- By Countries (US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, China, India, Japan, Australia)
- By Competitors (Amgen Inc., Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, DNAtrix, Genelux Corporation, Oncolytics Biotech Inc., PsiOxus Therapeutics, RIGVIR Ltd., Shanghai Sunway Biotech Co. Ltd., SillaJen Inc., Sorrento Therapeutics Inc., Takara Bio Inc., Lokon Pharma AB, VCN Biosciences, ViroCure Inc., Viralytics Ltd. (Merck & Co. Inc.))
If you are looking for a custom-made report, feel free to reach out MarkNtel Advisors & avail customization facilities get connect at [email protected] and call at +1 604 800 2671.